Friday, June 26, 2009

Chicken Stew for the Chinnies

Chicken Stew for My Chinnie Chickadees
This was truly the easiest meal I have ever prepared for my Chins and they loved me for it and love their dinner even more! All you need is a whole chicken and your imagination.
I used a chicken and whatever vegetables I know my doggies love ... pictured here is some zucchini, rutabaga, carrots, lima beans and some parsley.
I washed the chicken and all the veggies, threw everything into my crockpot in the morning, added some water (enough to cover all of it). I sprinkled some "Bug Off" garlic powder over the top (I'll cover that elsewhere in my blog) and tossed in a tablespoon of olive oil. . . covered it. . . and waited.
As the day progressed, I watched each one of my Chins wander by the crockpot sniffing. By dinnertime, I had a beautiful chicken stew that I had to fight to keep my husband from eating it!! And, it was so easy and so good for them . . . but, remember to give it sufficient time to cool. The broth takes a long time to cool down. Try it and watch them snarf it down !



No comments:

Post a Comment